Delhi gang-rape case: Victim taken off ventilator
New Delhi: The health condition of a 23-year-old girl, who was gang-raped and tortured in a moving bus here, worsened on Friday.
According to a report in CNN-IBN, platelet count of the victim has reportedly gone down, resulting in her condition to worsen.
She was taken off ventilator support but she showed early signs of infection setting in.
On Thursday, the braveheart girl asked her family members, "Have (the accused) they been caught?"
Reports said the girl cannot speak due to a tube in her mouth. She communicates by writing on paper.
Notably, the girl has lost most of her intestine after doctors performed an elective abdominal surgery on her and removed her gangrenous small intestine.
Earlier in the day, the Delhi police detained a man from Badaun in Uttar Pradesh in connection with the gang-rape.
The man, detained in a late night raid on Thursday, has been identified as Raju. He will be produced before the four men arrested to confirm his identity, an official said.
The savage rape and torture occurred on Sunday night when the woman and her male friend boarded a private bus, used for ferrying school children, in south Delhi after watching a movie.
The bus was driven through the bustling south Delhi areas of Munirka, Vasant Vihar and Mahipalpur as the six men raped and tortured the girl and beat her friend, using iron rods and other weapons.
The couple was stripped, robbed and thrown off the bus near Mahipalpur.
The brutality of the gang-rape shook the nation and people came out on the streets to demand action against the accused.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray