Delhi gang-rape case: Victim taken off ventilator
New Delhi: The health condition of a 23-year-old girl, who was gang-raped and tortured in a moving bus here, worsened on Friday.
According to a report in CNN-IBN, platelet count of the victim has reportedly gone down, resulting in her condition to worsen.
She was taken off ventilator support but she showed early signs of infection setting in.
On Thursday, the braveheart girl asked her family members, "Have (the accused) they been caught?"
Reports said the girl cannot speak due to a tube in her mouth. She communicates by writing on paper.
Notably, the girl has lost most of her intestine after doctors performed an elective abdominal surgery on her and removed her gangrenous small intestine.
Earlier in the day, the Delhi police detained a man from Badaun in Uttar Pradesh in connection with the gang-rape.
The man, detained in a late night raid on Thursday, has been identified as Raju. He will be produced before the four men arrested to confirm his identity, an official said.
The savage rape and torture occurred on Sunday night when the woman and her male friend boarded a private bus, used for ferrying school children, in south Delhi after watching a movie.
The bus was driven through the bustling south Delhi areas of Munirka, Vasant Vihar and Mahipalpur as the six men raped and tortured the girl and beat her friend, using iron rods and other weapons.
The couple was stripped, robbed and thrown off the bus near Mahipalpur.
The brutality of the gang-rape shook the nation and people came out on the streets to demand action against the accused.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr