Delhi gang-rape case: Victim taken off ventilator
New Delhi: The health condition of a 23-year-old girl, who was gang-raped and tortured in a moving bus here, worsened on Friday.
According to a report in CNN-IBN, platelet count of the victim has reportedly gone down, resulting in her condition to worsen.
She was taken off ventilator support but she showed early signs of infection setting in.
On Thursday, the braveheart girl asked her family members, "Have (the accused) they been caught?"
Reports said the girl cannot speak due to a tube in her mouth. She communicates by writing on paper.
Notably, the girl has lost most of her intestine after doctors performed an elective abdominal surgery on her and removed her gangrenous small intestine.
Earlier in the day, the Delhi police detained a man from Badaun in Uttar Pradesh in connection with the gang-rape.
The man, detained in a late night raid on Thursday, has been identified as Raju. He will be produced before the four men arrested to confirm his identity, an official said.
The savage rape and torture occurred on Sunday night when the woman and her male friend boarded a private bus, used for ferrying school children, in south Delhi after watching a movie.
The bus was driven through the bustling south Delhi areas of Munirka, Vasant Vihar and Mahipalpur as the six men raped and tortured the girl and beat her friend, using iron rods and other weapons.
The couple was stripped, robbed and thrown off the bus near Mahipalpur.
The brutality of the gang-rape shook the nation and people came out on the streets to demand action against the accused.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened