Delhi gang-rape: court asks cops to file ATR on plea against Minister
New Delhi: A court here on Monday sought an Action Taken Report from Delhi Police on a plea seeking registration of an FIR against the city Transport Minister and others, alleging the December 16 gang-rape incident had occurred due to their "corrupt" activities.
Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal asked the Joint Commissioner (Crime) of Delhi Police to file its Action Taken Report (ATR) by February 8 on the application.
RTI activist Vivek Garg, in his plea, said the bus in which a 23-year-old girl was gangraped, was allowed to ply in the city despite it being unfit for the same and having been impounded on many occasions last year.
Advocate Ajay Goel, appearing for Garg, argued the crime was committed because of "corruption" in the transport department.
The complainant has sought directions to the Crime Branch of Delhi Police to register an FIR against the Transport Minister, the Transport Commissioner and others for allegedly committing offences of corruption, cheating, criminal breach of trust, criminal conspiracy for unlawfully allowing the bus to run without permit, issuing a false fitness certificate to it and issuing a driving licence on fake documents.
Besides the Transport Minister and officials, Garg also named Dinesh Yadav, the owner of the bus, in his plea.
The complainant has also questioned as to how the bus driver Ram Singh, who is also the prime accused in the gangrape case, managed to obtain a driving licence despite being a handicapped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars