Delhi gang-rape: Court completes prosecution evidence
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday completed recording of the evidence of prosecution witnesses in the December 16 gang-rape case with the investigating officer (IO), saying she had arrested accused after the incident was reported.
"Now the statements of the prosecution witness stands closed," the court said while fixing July 10 to begin recording of the statements of the accused who will explain the circumstances appearing in the evidence against them in response to queries put by the judge.
The woman sub-inspector, posted at Vasant Vihar police station here, deposed before Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna that she had arrested accused Pawan Gupta and also seized the clothes worn by him on the night of the incident.
"Accused Pawan Gupta was arrested on December 18, 2012. Five police personnel were with me when I had arrested Pawan. I had recorded the disclosure statement of Pawan in the police station," the IO said, while deposing as 80th witness for the prosecution.
According to the police, on December 16 night, a 23-year-old female physiotherapy intern was beaten up and gang-raped in a bus in which she was travelling with her male friend.
There were six others in the bus, including the driver, Ram Singh, Vinay Sharma, Akshay Thakur, Pawan Gupta and Mukesh all of whom had raped the girl, it said.
The victim died of her injuries on December 29 last year while undergoing treatment at a Singapore Hospital.
During the trial, Ram Singh, was found dead in Tihar jail in March 11 and court proceedings against him stand abated.
The sixth accused, a juvenile, is facing the inquiry before the juvenile justice board here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly