Delhi gang-rape: Court rejects bail plea of Jamia student
New Delhi: A Delhi court has denied bail to a law student of Jamia Millia Islamia University, arrested along with four others for allegedly gangraping a minor girl here for over two months while confining her at the residence of one of them.
District Judge R K Gauba dismissed the bail application of Pulkit Chaudhary saying the investigation was at initial stage and the accused does not deserve to be released on bail.
"At this stage the application cannot be allowed, hence the same is dismissed," the court said.
Police told the court that it was investigating the case in detail and more arrests are likely to be made in the case.
The police on December 4 had arrested five boys, including three law students, after a complaint was lodged at the Defence Colony police station in South Delhi on September 15 by the mother of the 16-year-old victim.
All the five accused including Chaudhary, Amandeep, Sharad Shekhar Tomar, Roopansu and Vikas Punia are presently lodged in Tihar jail.
The girl`s mother had told the police that her daughter, who was studying in class XI, had not returned home after attending her school on September 15.
Initially, a case of kidnapping was registered by the police but after the girl was recovered earlier this month, she deposed that on September 15 she had accompanied her friend Amit Gautam to his flat, where she was made captive and gang-raped.
The victim had told the police that she had gone to Amit`s flat in South Delhi to attend a party.
She had also said she came to know Amit through social networking site, Facebook, and they eventually became friends.
Chaudhary had reportedly threatened the girl to submit herself to him, claiming that he was a sub-inspector in Delhi Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre