Delhi gang-rape: Crime Branch to file ATR on plea against Transport Minister
New Delhi: A court here on Friday sought a status report from Crime branch of Delhi Police on a plea seeking registration of an FIR against Delhi Transport Minister Ramakant Goswami and others, alleging the December 16 gang- rape incident had occurred due to their "corrupt" activities.
Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal issued a notice to the Crime branch for February 26 and directed it to file an action taken report (ATR) after the Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) of Delhi government submitted that the plea has been sent to the Crime branch.
In its status report filed in the court, the ACB said that since all the cases and complaints related to December 16 gang-rape have been investigated by the Crime branch, the plea of RTI activist Vivek Garg for lodging an FIR against the Transport Minister, the Transport Commissioner and others has also been marked to it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India