Delhi gang-rape: Defence lawyer collapses in midst of arguments
New Delhi: Proceedings in the December 16 gang-rape-cum-murder trial before a fast-track court here were interrupted on Friday when the lawyer for two of the accused in the case collapsed in the courtroom.
Advocate A P Singh, appearing for accused Vinay Kumar and Akshay Singh, swooned in the middle of defence arguments.
The doctors from the dispensary within the court complex were then called.
By the time the doctors arrived, which took more than half-an-hour, the court staff and Singh`s associates managed to stabilise his condition to some extent.
Singh, who was by then a bit in control of himself, could be seen telling his associates about the first aid he needed.
After the doctors examined him, he was taken in a wheelchair to an ambulance which ferried him to his doctor in northwest Delhi.
Earlier, during the proceedings, Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna also noticed Singh`s discomfiture and advised the lawyer to be seated while advancing his arguments.
However, Singh refused to be seated and continued with his arguments between which he would stop to take glucose to maintain his sugar level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof