Delhi gang-rape: Defence lawyer collapses in midst of arguments
New Delhi: Proceedings in the December 16 gang-rape-cum-murder trial before a fast-track court here were interrupted on Friday when the lawyer for two of the accused in the case collapsed in the courtroom.
Advocate A P Singh, appearing for accused Vinay Kumar and Akshay Singh, swooned in the middle of defence arguments.
The doctors from the dispensary within the court complex were then called.
By the time the doctors arrived, which took more than half-an-hour, the court staff and Singh`s associates managed to stabilise his condition to some extent.
Singh, who was by then a bit in control of himself, could be seen telling his associates about the first aid he needed.
After the doctors examined him, he was taken in a wheelchair to an ambulance which ferried him to his doctor in northwest Delhi.
Earlier, during the proceedings, Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna also noticed Singh`s discomfiture and advised the lawyer to be seated while advancing his arguments.
However, Singh refused to be seated and continued with his arguments between which he would stop to take glucose to maintain his sugar level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday