Delhi gang-rape: Defence lawyer collapses in midst of arguments
New Delhi: Proceedings in the December 16 gang-rape-cum-murder trial before a fast-track court here were interrupted on Friday when the lawyer for two of the accused in the case collapsed in the courtroom.
Advocate A P Singh, appearing for accused Vinay Kumar and Akshay Singh, swooned in the middle of defence arguments.
The doctors from the dispensary within the court complex were then called.
By the time the doctors arrived, which took more than half-an-hour, the court staff and Singh`s associates managed to stabilise his condition to some extent.
Singh, who was by then a bit in control of himself, could be seen telling his associates about the first aid he needed.
After the doctors examined him, he was taken in a wheelchair to an ambulance which ferried him to his doctor in northwest Delhi.
Earlier, during the proceedings, Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna also noticed Singh`s discomfiture and advised the lawyer to be seated while advancing his arguments.
However, Singh refused to be seated and continued with his arguments between which he would stop to take glucose to maintain his sugar level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?