Delhi gang-rape: Govt probe to cover role of Safdarjung staff, police response
New Delhi: The inquiry ordered by the government into the allegations of the Delhi gang-rape victim`s friend of tardy police response will also go into the role of Safdarjung hospital staff in the treatment of the two.
The probe by Home Ministry Joint Secretary Veena Kumari Meena will look into the allegations raised by the lone eyewitness of the December 16 gang-rape incident regarding late arrival, non responsive behaviour of PCR vans and ascertain the facts and fix accountability for any lapse.
According to the terms of reference, the inquiry committee will also find out the role of the Safdarjung hospital staff in dealing with the victims besides how the bus in question continued to ply on the roads even after challaned several times by police.
"It should also be looked into whether any cancellation of registration of the bus and its confiscation could have been done or not. If not, then the reasons thereof," it said.
The probe would specifically look as to how much time the PCR vans took to reach the spot and whether they delayed in taking action after reaching the spot discussing the jurisdiction issue or any other issue.
It would enquire whether the PCR policemen took all necessary action as warranted.
The probe would also look into recent media report regarding non-responsiveness of Dial 100 helpline to a woman journalist and fix responsibility.
The inquiry officer has been asked to submit a detailed report within seven days after inquiry into the allegations and issues, a Home Ministry official said.
The 23-year-old victim, a paramedic student, was brutally raped and assaulted in the moving bus. Later, she passed away in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand