Delhi gang-rape: HC sets up fast-track courts
New Delhi: Taking suo motu cognisance of the shocking case of the gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus, the Delhi High Court on Wednesday asked the Police Commissioner to file status report on the case within two days.
The court also approved setting up of five fast-track courts in the city even as it expressed concern on people losing faith in police and judiciary.
The court also asked the government to provide best medical facilities to the victim and her male friend.
The police have been asked to submit details, in two days, about cops patrolling the area where the girl was raped for 40 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug