Delhi gang-rape: HC sets up fast-track courts
New Delhi: Taking suo motu cognisance of the shocking case of the gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus, the Delhi High Court on Wednesday asked the Police Commissioner to file status report on the case within two days.
The court also approved setting up of five fast-track courts in the city even as it expressed concern on people losing faith in police and judiciary.
The court also asked the government to provide best medical facilities to the victim and her male friend.
The police have been asked to submit details, in two days, about cops patrolling the area where the girl was raped for 40 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof