Delhi gang-rape: Leadership should offer solutions, says Kiran Bedi
New Delhi: It is time the police and political leadership provided "solutions, not suggestions" in the wake of protests against the gang-rape of a young woman, former police officer Kiran Bedi said Sunday.
The "political and administrative leadership" should also pacify the mass of young men and women protesting against the assault on the 23-year-old a week ago.
Bedi said Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar, Home Secretary RK Singh and Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde should offer "solutions, not suggestions".
"The police commissioner, chief minister, home secretary and home minister collectively need to address (the protesters)," Bedi told a news channel.
"They need to come forward and give solutions in a time bound matter... but it is not happening, unfortunately."
Speaking on the lack of safety for women, Bedi said: "Crime against women is a national disease, it needs to be addressed nationally.
"There is not a woman in India, including me, who has not suffered harassment in her life," she said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know