Delhi gang-rape: Magistrates, doctor to testify against five accused
New Delhi: Three of the magistrates, who had recorded the statement of the five adult accused in the gang-rape and murder of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus here on December 16, will testify before the fast track court here on Tuesday.
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna, who is recording the statement of the prosecution witnesses in in-camera proceedings on daily basis, today issued summons to the magistrates for testifying in the case tomorrow. Two doctors from the AIIMS have also been called tomorrow.
The magistrates, who have been called for testifying, had recorded the statements of the five adult accused during the test identification parade after their arrests.
The court`s decision to record their statement came after it recorded the testimony of four people today.
Two doctors from AIIMS and two officials from Indian bank and Axis Bank have recorded their evidence on behalf of prosecution and were also cross examined by the counsel for accused bus driver Ram Singh, his brother Mukesh, Vinay Sharma, Pawan Gupta and Akshay Singh.
The bank officials gave evidence on the use of two ATMs of the victim after committing the crime.
Earlier, the male friend of the victim had testified as a prosecution witness as the sole eyewitness to the brutal assault and gang-rape of the girl. He is yet to be cross examined by the defence.
The court has rejected the plea of the defence counsel, who wanted the interview of the victim`s friend to a news channel, to be brought on record as it was a crucial evidence.
The defence counsel had deferred cross-examining the 28-year-old software engineer, who is the chief prosecution witness in the case. However, the boy will be called soon.
The details of the proceedings cannot be reported by the media as the court has imposed a ban on it under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH