Delhi gang-rape: Man behind fake bus documents arrested
New Delhi: Delhi Police have arrested a man who allegedly helped the owner of a private bus in which a young woman was gang-raped get a permit based on forged documents, police said Thursday.
Rakam Singh was caught in Civil Lines area of north Delhi, a police official said. He hails from Baghpat district in Uttar Pradesh.
According to police sources, Rakam Singh helped owner Dinesh Yadav to procure forged documents to secure permits for the bus.
Singh`s arrest came following the interrogation of Yadav, who was arrested Jan 2.
"Yadav told police that with Singh`s help, he procured the forged residence documents which he submitted to the transport authority," a senior police officer told IANS.
Police sources said they may question state transport authority officials also if required during the investigation.
The 23-year-old woman was tortured and raped by six men in the moving bus here Dec 16 night. She died in Singapore Dec 29.
Bus owner Yadav was arrested Jan 2 for giving false information to the state transport department to get a registration certificate and a permit for the bus.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list