Delhi gang-rape: Mehra panel open to suggestions till Jan 18
New Delhi: The Justice Usha Mehra Panel, which has been constituted to review responses to the December 16 gang-rape case, will receive public opinions and suggestions till January 18.
Justice Mehra Commission has been set up under Commissions of Inquiry Act, 1952 to enquire into various aspects of the shocking incident of rape and brutal assault of a 23 year-old student in Delhi and to identify the lapses, if any, on the part of the police or any other authority or person that contributed to the occurrence.
The Commission, therefore, invites suggestions, information and any other related material, in this regard from the members of public including professionals like lawyers, journalists, doctors, serving and retired police or defence personnel, NGOs and other social activists by fax or e-mail or in writing.
A Home Ministry statement said any information, suggestions and responses could be sent to the Justice (retd) Usha Mehra Commission of Inquiry through e-mail at email@example.com or through fax at 011-23093750 till January 18.
Earlier, the last date for receiving such suggestions was January 10.
The victim, a physiotherapy student, was brutally raped and assaulted in a moving bus on the night of December 16, 2012. She died of her injuries on December 29, 2012 in the multi-specialty Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore.
Her male friend, who was accompanying her that day, was also assaulted by the accused and both of them were thrown out of the bus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter