Delhi gang-rape: Mehra panel open to suggestions till Jan 18
New Delhi: The Justice Usha Mehra Panel, which has been constituted to review responses to the December 16 gang-rape case, will receive public opinions and suggestions till January 18.
Justice Mehra Commission has been set up under Commissions of Inquiry Act, 1952 to enquire into various aspects of the shocking incident of rape and brutal assault of a 23 year-old student in Delhi and to identify the lapses, if any, on the part of the police or any other authority or person that contributed to the occurrence.
The Commission, therefore, invites suggestions, information and any other related material, in this regard from the members of public including professionals like lawyers, journalists, doctors, serving and retired police or defence personnel, NGOs and other social activists by fax or e-mail or in writing.
A Home Ministry statement said any information, suggestions and responses could be sent to the Justice (retd) Usha Mehra Commission of Inquiry through e-mail at email@example.com or through fax at 011-23093750 till January 18.
Earlier, the last date for receiving such suggestions was January 10.
The victim, a physiotherapy student, was brutally raped and assaulted in a moving bus on the night of December 16, 2012. She died of her injuries on December 29, 2012 in the multi-specialty Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore.
Her male friend, who was accompanying her that day, was also assaulted by the accused and both of them were thrown out of the bus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Uttar Pradesh Congress cancels iftar programme, no official reason attributed behind cancellation
- China cuts yuan fix in biggest downward move since devaluation
- Amit Shah to address party workers in Barabanki
- Have you seen a bad viral ad? Watch now
- Every anti-Sikh riot victim will get justice: Home Minister Rajnath Singh