Delhi gang-rape: Metropolitan magistrate records victim`s fresh statement
New Delhi: After controversy erupted over recording of the 23-year-old gangrape victim`s statement, her fresh testimony was on Tuesday taken by the metropolitan magistrate, police said.
"A fresh statement of the girl has been recorded by the metropolitan magistrate," a senior police official said.
Controversy erupted over the recording of the victim`s statement after Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit complained to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde that senior police officials "interfered" in the process and sought an enquiry.
In a letter to Shinde, Dikshit cited a communication to her by Deputy Commissioner (East) BM Mishra that Sub Divisional Magistrate Usha Chaturvedi claimed that three senior police officers had prevented the video recording of the victim`s statement. It was also alleged that the police officers wanted the SDM to use a questionnaire they prepared.
It later turned out to be an open war between Dikshit and Delhi Police, who demanded a probe into the "leakage" of her letter to the home minister.
Delhi Police came out with a strong denial and also demanded a high-level probe into the "leakage" of Dikshit`s letter to Shinde.
"We deny the allegations levelled by SDM Usha Chaturvedi.
"Delhi Police demands a high-level inquiry into the leakage of a top-secret letter written by the Chief Minister to media," Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened