Delhi gang-rape: Metropolitan magistrate testifies
New Delhi: The metropolitan magistrate, who had recorded the statement of the December 16 Delhi gang-rape victim, on Friday testified before a fast court conducting the trial in the case.
The magistrate had recorded the statement of the 23-year-old paramedic at Safdarjung hospital here after the statement recorded by the sub-divisional magistrate had run into controversy following the allegation that a Delhi Police official had interfered with it.
The metropolitan magistrate deposed as a prosecution witness during in-camera proceedings against the five adult accused, who have been charged with rape and murder of the victim. The sixth accused is a juvenile who is facing trial before the Juvenile Justice Board.
The magistrate, who appeared before Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna, will be cross-examined by the counsel for the five accused--bus driver Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh, Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma and Akshay Singh-- tomorrow.
The two judicial officers had recorded the victim`s version of the brutal rape and assault which is now being treated as a dying declaration against the five adult accused facing trial in the case.
The girl had died on December 29, 2012 in a Singapore hospital.
The details of the proceedings cannot be reported by the media as the court has imposed a ban on it under the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire