Delhi gang-rape: Police evacuate protesters from Raisina Hill
New Delhi: A number of protesters who stay put at Raisina Hill to protest the gang-rape of a young girl were evacuated early Sunday morning.
The protesters, who spend a chilly night in the open after they fought pitched battle with police throughout the day yesterday, were taken into a bus by police.
Police had also picked up protesters from outside Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s 10, Janpath residence in the wee hours today.
In a surprise move, Gandhi had came out of her residence and met protesters late last night.
The detentions came as part of a police plan to contain protest near Raisina Hill, the seat of power.
Four metro stations near India Gate and Raisina Hill have already been closed from this morning till further orders.
The stations which remained closed were Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhavan and Race Course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maharashtra CID to seek custody of Dabholkar murder accused Virendra Tawde
- NGOs to be considered public servants, have to disclose assets and liabilities: Report
- Army Chief pays homage to martyrs on Kargil Vijay Divas
- Philippines` Duterte vows no mercy in crime war
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan