Delhi gang-rape: Police evacuate protesters from Raisina Hill
New Delhi: A number of protesters who stay put at Raisina Hill to protest the gang-rape of a young girl were evacuated early Sunday morning.
The protesters, who spend a chilly night in the open after they fought pitched battle with police throughout the day yesterday, were taken into a bus by police.
Police had also picked up protesters from outside Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s 10, Janpath residence in the wee hours today.
In a surprise move, Gandhi had came out of her residence and met protesters late last night.
The detentions came as part of a police plan to contain protest near Raisina Hill, the seat of power.
Four metro stations near India Gate and Raisina Hill have already been closed from this morning till further orders.
The stations which remained closed were Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhavan and Race Course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan