Delhi gang-rape: Police evacuate protesters from Raisina Hill
New Delhi: A number of protesters who stay put at Raisina Hill to protest the gang-rape of a young girl were evacuated early Sunday morning.
The protesters, who spend a chilly night in the open after they fought pitched battle with police throughout the day yesterday, were taken into a bus by police.
Police had also picked up protesters from outside Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s 10, Janpath residence in the wee hours today.
In a surprise move, Gandhi had came out of her residence and met protesters late last night.
The detentions came as part of a police plan to contain protest near Raisina Hill, the seat of power.
Four metro stations near India Gate and Raisina Hill have already been closed from this morning till further orders.
The stations which remained closed were Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhavan and Race Course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September