Delhi gang-rape: Police evacuate protesters from Raisina Hill
New Delhi: A number of protesters who stay put at Raisina Hill to protest the gang-rape of a young girl were evacuated early Sunday morning.
The protesters, who spend a chilly night in the open after they fought pitched battle with police throughout the day yesterday, were taken into a bus by police.
Police had also picked up protesters from outside Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s 10, Janpath residence in the wee hours today.
In a surprise move, Gandhi had came out of her residence and met protesters late last night.
The detentions came as part of a police plan to contain protest near Raisina Hill, the seat of power.
Four metro stations near India Gate and Raisina Hill have already been closed from this morning till further orders.
The stations which remained closed were Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhavan and Race Course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan