Delhi gang-rape: Police to file reply on accused’s
New Delhi: A fast-track court on Monday sought Delhi Police`s reply on the plea of one of the accused in the December 16 gang-rape case for 15 days interim bail on the ground he has see his ailing mother in a hospital.
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna asked the police to file its reply by tomorrow on accused Akshay Singh`s plea to visit his mother, who he says is in a critical stage in a hospital in Aurangabad.
He said he was the only bread earner and there is no one else to even look after his wife and minor kid.
Akshay has said that he will abide by the court`s order and will not run away or jump the bail conditions imposed upon him.
The court it will decide on the application only after police files its reply.
Meanwhile, during the day`s proceedings, accused Mukesh`s counsel M L Sharma has moved an application seeking action against a police official saying he has recorded his "false" statement on oath in the case.
The judge has also asked the police to file its reply on it by tomorrow.
Meanwhile, the court recorded the statement of a prosecution witness, a Delhi Police official, today.
During the cross-examination of the police official, the lawyer has claimed that they had planted evidence in the bus as no gang rape took place on the night of December 16.
Claiming that the accused persons have been falsely implicated in the case, the counsel said the police has forced them to sign on blank paper and wrote false statements on their behalf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely
- VHP president Praveen Togadia visits Bajrang Dal's 'self-defence' camp in Noida, defends arms training of activists
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! Not just AB de Villiers but wife Danielle too is multitalented
- Check rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.nic.in for Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared after 3 pm on May 28
- Mass rape video shocks Brazil as teen girl drugged, gang-raped by over 30 men in Rio