Delhi gang-rape: Police to file reply on accused’s
New Delhi: A fast-track court on Monday sought Delhi Police`s reply on the plea of one of the accused in the December 16 gang-rape case for 15 days interim bail on the ground he has see his ailing mother in a hospital.
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna asked the police to file its reply by tomorrow on accused Akshay Singh`s plea to visit his mother, who he says is in a critical stage in a hospital in Aurangabad.
He said he was the only bread earner and there is no one else to even look after his wife and minor kid.
Akshay has said that he will abide by the court`s order and will not run away or jump the bail conditions imposed upon him.
The court it will decide on the application only after police files its reply.
Meanwhile, during the day`s proceedings, accused Mukesh`s counsel M L Sharma has moved an application seeking action against a police official saying he has recorded his "false" statement on oath in the case.
The judge has also asked the police to file its reply on it by tomorrow.
Meanwhile, the court recorded the statement of a prosecution witness, a Delhi Police official, today.
During the cross-examination of the police official, the lawyer has claimed that they had planted evidence in the bus as no gang rape took place on the night of December 16.
Claiming that the accused persons have been falsely implicated in the case, the counsel said the police has forced them to sign on blank paper and wrote false statements on their behalf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city