Delhi gang-rape: Protesters target Congress MP Sandeep Dikshit
New Delhi: As the city continued to witness demonstrations against the gang-rape of a 23-year-old woman, angry protesters at India Gate on Sunday manhandled East Delhi MP and Congress spokesperson Sandeep Dikshit.
According to television report, Dikshit was crossing the site when the protesters heckled him.
Television reports said that the protesters wanted to talk to him. However, security forces rescued him from the site.
Meanwhile, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said police should have taken preventive measures earlier.
Prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the CrPC have been issued in New Delhi area except Jantar Mantar.
More policemen and Rapid Action Force (RAF) personnel have been posted around India Gate and Vijay Chowk.
Eight metro stations near India Gate and Raisina Hill have already been closed from this morning till further orders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof