Delhi gang-rape: Protesters target Congress MP Sandeep Dikshit
New Delhi: As the city continued to witness demonstrations against the gang-rape of a 23-year-old woman, angry protesters at India Gate on Sunday manhandled East Delhi MP and Congress spokesperson Sandeep Dikshit.
According to television report, Dikshit was crossing the site when the protesters heckled him.
Television reports said that the protesters wanted to talk to him. However, security forces rescued him from the site.
Meanwhile, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said police should have taken preventive measures earlier.
Prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the CrPC have been issued in New Delhi area except Jantar Mantar.
More policemen and Rapid Action Force (RAF) personnel have been posted around India Gate and Vijay Chowk.
Eight metro stations near India Gate and Raisina Hill have already been closed from this morning till further orders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani