Delhi gang-rape: Protesters target Congress MP Sandeep Dikshit
New Delhi: As the city continued to witness demonstrations against the gang-rape of a 23-year-old woman, angry protesters at India Gate on Sunday manhandled East Delhi MP and Congress spokesperson Sandeep Dikshit.
According to television report, Dikshit was crossing the site when the protesters heckled him.
Television reports said that the protesters wanted to talk to him. However, security forces rescued him from the site.
Meanwhile, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said police should have taken preventive measures earlier.
Prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the CrPC have been issued in New Delhi area except Jantar Mantar.
More policemen and Rapid Action Force (RAF) personnel have been posted around India Gate and Vijay Chowk.
Eight metro stations near India Gate and Raisina Hill have already been closed from this morning till further orders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?