Delhi gang-rape protests: Injured constable on ventilator
New Delhi: A Delhi Police Constable, who was severely beaten up near India Gate by protesters yesterday, is on ventilator support and his condition is stated to be critical.
Subhash Chand, posted at Karawal Nagar police station, was deployed on Law and Order duty and is battling for his life at the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital here.
Chand sustained serious injuries in the protests and is still on ventilator.
"His condition is stated to be critical," a senior police official said.
Protesters and police were clashing continuously at India Gate yesterday in which several other policemen were also injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars