Delhi gang-rape protests: Injured constable on ventilator
New Delhi: A Delhi Police Constable, who was severely beaten up near India Gate by protesters yesterday, is on ventilator support and his condition is stated to be critical.
Subhash Chand, posted at Karawal Nagar police station, was deployed on Law and Order duty and is battling for his life at the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital here.
Chand sustained serious injuries in the protests and is still on ventilator.
"His condition is stated to be critical," a senior police official said.
Protesters and police were clashing continuously at India Gate yesterday in which several other policemen were also injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth