Delhi gang-rape protests: Scores injured, PM appeals for calm
New Delhi: Hundreds of people, mainly the young, on Sunday continued their noisy protests against the gang-rape of a 23-year-old woman, sparking off sporadic clashes with polices.
Having barricaded all roads leading to the Rashtrapati Bhavan and nearby government offices, security forces sprayed water at a large crowd shouting slogans against the Delhi police and demanding death to the rapists. Eight Delhi Metro stations were shut today, but that seemed to have no impact on the crowds.
ghastly incident, PM said today on Delhi gangrape.
calm, PM said.
ensure security and safety to all women in this country, PM added
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday