Delhi gang-rape: Safdarjung doctor cross-examined
New Delhi: A doctor from Safdarjung Hospital, who had initially prepared the medico-legal case (MLC) of the December 16 gang-rape victim, was on Friday cross- examined by the counsel for four adult accused in a Delhi court.
Doctor Rashmi Ahuja, who had prepared the MLC of the 23-year-old victim describing the wounds and injuries caused to her, was cross-examined by the defence counsel, which was recorded by Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna.
The doctor had recorded the statement of the girl after she was rushed to the hospital bleeding badly along with her male friend, a software engineer, who was also assaulted by the six accused, including a juvenile. Ram Singh, a key accused, had allegedly committed suicide inside Tihar Jail on March 11.
Ahuja gave the sequence of the events conveyed to her by the victim during which the accused persons had brutally assaulted and gang-raped the girl in a moving bus here, and thereafter thrown her on road. The girl had died in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
Besides Ahuja, Delhi Police head constable Giri Raj, who took accused Pawan Gupta for medical examination, recorded his statement as a prosecution witness. He will be crossed by the defence on Saturday.
With the proceedings against Ram Singh having abated after his death, the remaining four accused Mukesh, Vinay Sharma, Akshay Singh and Pawan Gupta are facing trial in the case for rape and murder of the girl. The juvenile is facing proceedings before the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB).
The victim`s mother, who is also a prosecution witness in the case, today testified before the JJB, which is trying the juvenile separately.
However, the male friend of the victim, who was the sole eyewitness to the incident, did not turn up for recording of his statement before the JJB citing personal reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Have you seen a bad viral ad? Watch now
- Every anti-Sikh riot victim will get justice: Home Minister Rajnath Singh
- Prince's guitar, Bowie's hair fetch USD 150,000 at auction
- Lionel Messi: Interesting facts you must know about the Argentine superstar
- Five things about a woman that annoys her boyfriend