Delhi gang-rape: Senior cops suspended
New Delhi: Lieutenant Governer Tejender Khanna on Monday ordered immediate suspension of two Assistant Commissioners of Police (Delhi) for negligence of duty in the brutal gang-rape case of a 23-year-old girl here on December 16.
Addressing a press conference, following mass protests in the national capital, Lieutenant Governor said, “Two officers have been asked to explain the heinous gang-rape case which shook the entire nation.”
"The police PCRs are prima facie accused of not doing their job so two officers are being suspended with immediate effect,” he said.
As per reports, Khanna cut short his visit to the United States following a communication from the government. Though Khanna clarified, “There is no truth in reports that I was summoned back to the country.”
After having a detailed discussion with the top police brass, Tejender Khanna took the decision to suspend the ACPs.
“We have taken many decisions for the safety of women," Khanna added.
While vowing to provide women with a safe capital to live in, Khanna assured tough action against the accused in the gang-rape case.
Khanna said, “Despite short notice, we met with many representatives of women`s rights groups. We have mandated that when a woman goes with a complaint to a police station then every offence must be recorded.”
Also maintaining that every member of Delhi Police will do their duty with promptness, Khanna assured, ”If any instance of a woman facing misbehaviour from police officials is reported then we will take disciplinary actions as soon as possible.”
“We will carry out training programmes for police to speak properly with women and behave properly with them. Any such heinous crime will face zero tolerance,” Khanna further added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog