Delhi gang-rape: Singapore doctors to depose from Monday
New Delhi: Doctors of a Singapore hospital who had treated the December 16 gang-rape victim were on Saturday asked by a court here to depose as witness through video conferencing.
The doctors will record their evidence from Monday before Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna, who is holding the trial on day-to-day basis in the case.
The victim was airlifted to Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore on December 27, 2012 for further treatment on the advice of a team of doctors from Safdarjung hospital after 10 days of the incident.
The girl, however, had died on December 29, 2012 in the hospital as a result of the grievous injuries she had suffered when she was sexually assaulted by six people, one of whom has been declared as a juvenile and is facing trial before the Juvenile Justice Board.
Meanwhile, the metropolitan magistrate, who had recorded the statement of the victim at Safdarjung hospital here after the statement recorded by the sub-divisional magistrate had run into controversy following the allegation that a Delhi Police official had interfered with it, was today cross examined by the defence counsel.
The magistrate, who appeared before the court was cross examined by the counsel for the five accused--bus driver Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh, Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma and Akshay Singh.
The metropolitan magistrate had already deposed as a prosecution witness during in-camera proceedings in the case.
The details of the proceedings cannot be reported by the media as the court has imposed a ban on it under the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state