Delhi gang-rape: Singapore hospital doctor deposes as witness
New Delhi: A doctor of a Singapore hospital who had conducted the post mortem examination of the December 16 gang-rape victim on Monday testified as a prosecution witness through video conferencing in a Delhi court.
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna, who is heading the fast track court set up to try cases of sexual offences, recorded the statement of Dr Paul Chui, Senior Consultant (forensic pathology) at Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore.
Chui`s examination concluded today after he was cross examined by the counsel appearing for five accused.
The court, which is hearing in-camera proceedings in the case on day-to-day basis, has fixed tomorrow for recording of evidence of another doctor who had treated the girl at the Singapore hospital.
The victim was airlifted to Mount Elizabeth Hospital on December 27, 2012 for further treatment on the advice of a team of doctors from Safdarjung hospital here after 10 days of the incident.
The girl, however, had died on December 29, 2012 in the hospital as a result of the grievous injuries she had suffered when she was sexually assaulted by six people, one of whom has been declared as a juvenile and is facing trial before the Juvenile Justice Board.
The five adult accused who are facing trial in the case are bus driver Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh, Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma and Akshay Singh.
The details of the proceedings cannot be reported by the media as the court has imposed a ban on it under the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends