Delhi gang-rape: Special Public Prosecutor not to speak to media
New Delhi: Lawyer Dayan Krishnan, who has been appointed as the Special Public Prosecutor in the case of gang-rape of a 23-year-old student, today made it clear that he would not speak to media on the case.
"As the Public Prosecutor, it is my duty to ensure strict adherence to due process in accordance with the highest standards of rule of law to ensure justice," he said in a statement.
"I am grateful to all of you for your continuing support," he said, adding on his appointment as Special Public Prosecutor, he has received various requests from media, both print and electronic, for clarifications and comments.
Krishnan, who has volunteered to be the prosecutor for free of cost, said while sharing the concern of all the citizens of the nation at this "great tragedy", he feels that making any comment of any kind at this stage would be detrimental to the case.
Police plan to file the charge sheet in the case on Thursday.
The girl was gang-raped and brutally assaulted on a moving bus on December 21 in south Delhi and died last Saturday in a Singapore hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!