Delhi gang-rape: TIP for another accused today
New Delhi: Akshay Thakur, one of the six accused in the infamous gang-rape of a 23-year-old paramedical student will undergo a Test Identification Parade (TIP) on Wednesday.
On Tuesday, Mukesh, the brother of co-accused Ram Singh, who was allegedly driving the bus during the crime, was identified during a test identification parade (TIP).
Mukesh was remanded in 12 days judicial custody by a Delhi Metropolitan Magistrate Pawan Kumar.
He was then sent to Tihar Jail till January 6 following the court’s order.
Akshay Thakur, who had been arrested from Aurangabad district in Bihar, is presently in judicial custody and will undergo the TIP in Tihar jail today.
Besides Mukesh, other four arrested in the case are Ram Singh, Vinay Sharma, Pawan Gupta and Akshay Thakur.
However, the proceedings relating to the sixth accused are being undertaken separately before the Juvenile Justice Board as he is a minor.
Both the victims, a 23-year-old paramedical student and her male friend, who had boarded the chartered bus with tinted glass windows from Munirka here to Palam around 9.45pm last Sunday night, were assaulted with an iron rod by the men after the two resisted before they were dumped on the road side near Mahipalpur flyover, police said.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read