Delhi gang-rape trial concludes, verdict on September 10
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A fast-track court here on Tuesday concluded the trial against four adult accused in the December 16 gang-rape case and reserved its verdict for September 10.
On December 16, a female physiotherapy intern was beaten up and gang-raped in a bus in which she was travelling with her male friend, who was also brutally attacked with an iron rod.
There were six others in the bus - Ram Singh, Vinay Sharma, Akshay Thakur, Pawan Gupta, Mukesh and a juvenile, all of whom took turns to rape the girl.
The case against Ram Singh was dropped after he was found dead, hanging in his cell in Tihar Jail.
The minor, tried under the Juvenile Justice Act, was convicted on charges of murder and gang-rape and will now be sent to a special remand home to serve the maximum three-year probation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH