Delhi gang-rape trial concludes, verdict on September 10
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A fast-track court here on Tuesday concluded the trial against four adult accused in the December 16 gang-rape case and reserved its verdict for September 10.
On December 16, a female physiotherapy intern was beaten up and gang-raped in a bus in which she was travelling with her male friend, who was also brutally attacked with an iron rod.
There were six others in the bus - Ram Singh, Vinay Sharma, Akshay Thakur, Pawan Gupta, Mukesh and a juvenile, all of whom took turns to rape the girl.
The case against Ram Singh was dropped after he was found dead, hanging in his cell in Tihar Jail.
The minor, tried under the Juvenile Justice Act, was convicted on charges of murder and gang-rape and will now be sent to a special remand home to serve the maximum three-year probation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Cambodia blocking ASEAN consensus on South China Sea: Diplomat
- Turkey can hold suspects without charge for up to 30 days
- Piramal Enterprises to raise Rs 300 cr via non-convertible debentures
- Gold, silver hit a soft patch as global cues turn weak
- Nokia all set to make comeback with 2 new Android 7.0 Nougat devices