Delhi gang-rape trial concludes, verdict on September 10
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A fast-track court here on Tuesday concluded the trial against four adult accused in the December 16 gang-rape case and reserved its verdict for September 10.
On December 16, a female physiotherapy intern was beaten up and gang-raped in a bus in which she was travelling with her male friend, who was also brutally attacked with an iron rod.
There were six others in the bus - Ram Singh, Vinay Sharma, Akshay Thakur, Pawan Gupta, Mukesh and a juvenile, all of whom took turns to rape the girl.
The case against Ram Singh was dropped after he was found dead, hanging in his cell in Tihar Jail.
The minor, tried under the Juvenile Justice Act, was convicted on charges of murder and gang-rape and will now be sent to a special remand home to serve the maximum three-year probation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you