Delhi gang-rape trial concludes, verdict on September 10
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A fast-track court here on Tuesday concluded the trial against four adult accused in the December 16 gang-rape case and reserved its verdict for September 10.
On December 16, a female physiotherapy intern was beaten up and gang-raped in a bus in which she was travelling with her male friend, who was also brutally attacked with an iron rod.
There were six others in the bus - Ram Singh, Vinay Sharma, Akshay Thakur, Pawan Gupta, Mukesh and a juvenile, all of whom took turns to rape the girl.
The case against Ram Singh was dropped after he was found dead, hanging in his cell in Tihar Jail.
The minor, tried under the Juvenile Justice Act, was convicted on charges of murder and gang-rape and will now be sent to a special remand home to serve the maximum three-year probation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers