Delhi gang-rape trial: Victim`s friend testifies before court
New Delhi: The 28-year-old male friend of the girl, who was brutally gang-raped in a moving bus, on Tuesday, appeared before a fast track court here to testify about the incident to which he is the sole eyewitness.
The youth, a software engineer, came in a wheelchair in the court of Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna after he was summoned as a prosecution witness in the case of December 16 gangrape of a 23-year-old girl by six people.
The girl had died on December 29, 2012 in a Singapore hospital as a result of the grievous injuries she had suffered when she was sexually assaulted by six people, one of them a juvenile.
Before she had died, the girl had recorded her testimony before a magistrate. Her statement along with that of her friend`s will be crucial for the prosecution.
Meanwhile, the Delhi Police has filed its supplementary charge sheet, including the post mortem report of the girl, in the case.
On February 2, all the five adult accused in the case pleaded not guilty to the charges framed against them by the fast track court.
The court had framed charges under various sections of the IPC for offences which include gangrape, murder, attempt to murder, unnatural offences, dacoity, conspiracy and kidnapping.
Beside the victim`s male friend, the court had also summoned three other prosecution witness to depose before the judge in the case.
The male friend`s leg was seriously injured when the men on the bus had allegedly hit him with an iron rod.
According to the police, when the youth had tried to stop the gang, they hit him repeatedly and forced him to the back of the bus before they took turns raping the girl.
The police on January 3 had filed its initial charge sheet in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened