Delhi gang-rape: Two doctors testify
Two Safdarjung Hospital doctors, who were part of the team that treated last year`s Dec 16 gang-rape victim, testified in a Delhi court Tuesday. They were also cross-examined by defence counsel.
He will be cross-examined by counsel for accused bus driver Ram Singh and co-accused Mukesh, Vinay Sharma, Pawan Gupta and Akshay Singh.
The court has prepared a list of 39 prosecution witnesses, including the victim`s male friend for examining them by Feb 22.
The fast track court started day-to-day trial in the case after it framed charges of murder, gang-rape and kidnapping, among others, under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) against five of the six accused.
The case of the sixth accused, a minor, is being heard by the Juvenile Justice Board.
The court had earlier restricted media from reporting the proceedings in the case and ordered in-camera trial.
The 23-year-old trainee physiotherapist died Dec 29 in a Singapore hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city