Delhi gang-rape: Two doctors testify
Two Safdarjung Hospital doctors, who were part of the team that treated last year`s Dec 16 gang-rape victim, testified in a Delhi court Tuesday. They were also cross-examined by defence counsel.
He will be cross-examined by counsel for accused bus driver Ram Singh and co-accused Mukesh, Vinay Sharma, Pawan Gupta and Akshay Singh.
The court has prepared a list of 39 prosecution witnesses, including the victim`s male friend for examining them by Feb 22.
The fast track court started day-to-day trial in the case after it framed charges of murder, gang-rape and kidnapping, among others, under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) against five of the six accused.
The case of the sixth accused, a minor, is being heard by the Juvenile Justice Board.
The court had earlier restricted media from reporting the proceedings in the case and ordered in-camera trial.
The 23-year-old trainee physiotherapist died Dec 29 in a Singapore hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!