Delhi gang-rape: Two doctors testify
Two Safdarjung Hospital doctors, who were part of the team that treated last year`s Dec 16 gang-rape victim, testified in a Delhi court Tuesday. They were also cross-examined by defence counsel.
He will be cross-examined by counsel for accused bus driver Ram Singh and co-accused Mukesh, Vinay Sharma, Pawan Gupta and Akshay Singh.
The court has prepared a list of 39 prosecution witnesses, including the victim`s male friend for examining them by Feb 22.
The fast track court started day-to-day trial in the case after it framed charges of murder, gang-rape and kidnapping, among others, under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) against five of the six accused.
The case of the sixth accused, a minor, is being heard by the Juvenile Justice Board.
The court had earlier restricted media from reporting the proceedings in the case and ordered in-camera trial.
The 23-year-old trainee physiotherapist died Dec 29 in a Singapore hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!