Delhi gang-rape: UP govt to bear education expenses of victim`s brothers
Ballia: Uttar Pradesh government will bear all educational expenses of the two brothers of the 23-year old Delhi gang-rape victim.
The government took the decision after Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav visited the girl`s native Medawar Kala village yesterday to meet her family, district magistrate A B Chandramauli said here on Saturday.
During the visit, the chief minister gave a cheque of Rs 20 lakh to the parents of the girl and assured them all possible help from the state government.
He also asked the district authorities to ensure development of the village which has been selected under the "Lohia Samagra Gram Yojna" this year, the DM said.
The chief minister had also announced construction of a Primary Health Centre (PHC) in the village.
Local MP Neeraj Shekhar said a road would be constructed linking the Ballia-Buxar national highway.
Meanwhile, the girl`s family said that Sony TV had not taken permission from them for its `Crime Patrol show based on the gang-rape incident.
"No one either from the channel nor the producers had approached us to take our permission for the show," they added.
Information and Broadcasting Ministry had yesterday asked Sony TV not to telecast the episode of its Crime Patrol show based on the December 16 Delhi gang-rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!