Delhi gang-rape verdict was delivered in just three minutes
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Three days after Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna held all four accused in the Delhi gang-rape guilty, on Friday delivered the verdict in mere three minutes.
The sentencing was given under the Section 302 as the court said that the victim died due to the injuries inflicted by the convicts.
Immediately after signing the order of death sentence to the convicts in the case, the judge broke the nib of the pen, in keeping with a tradition.
It was also the first death sentence awarded by Khanna after he took over as the judge of the fast track court constituted to try cases of sexual offences against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends