Delhi gang-rape verdict was delivered in just three minutes
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Three days after Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna held all four accused in the Delhi gang-rape guilty, on Friday delivered the verdict in mere three minutes.
The sentencing was given under the Section 302 as the court said that the victim died due to the injuries inflicted by the convicts.
Immediately after signing the order of death sentence to the convicts in the case, the judge broke the nib of the pen, in keeping with a tradition.
It was also the first death sentence awarded by Khanna after he took over as the judge of the fast track court constituted to try cases of sexual offences against women.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar