Delhi gang-rape verdict was delivered in just three minutes
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Three days after Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna held all four accused in the Delhi gang-rape guilty, on Friday delivered the verdict in mere three minutes.
The sentencing was given under the Section 302 as the court said that the victim died due to the injuries inflicted by the convicts.
Immediately after signing the order of death sentence to the convicts in the case, the judge broke the nib of the pen, in keeping with a tradition.
It was also the first death sentence awarded by Khanna after he took over as the judge of the fast track court constituted to try cases of sexual offences against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says