Delhi gang-rape victim was `humiliated` in bus: Court
New Delhi: The Delhi gang-rape victim was "humiliated" and beaten up inside the bus with the intention of causing death, a court here said on Tuesday while holding four accused guilty of murder and gang-rape, among other offences.
Additional Session Judge Yogesh Khanna said the convicts did the acts with the "intention of causing death".
The court said that the victim was lean and thin in her physique and all the convicts caused grievous injuries to kill her.
The judge said the convicts did not allow anyone to enter the bus after the woman and her male friend enter the bus.
"They used filthy and indecent language towards the victim and put off the light," the judge said.
"She was humiliated, her clothes were torn and pulled away from her body. She was hit by iron rods on the abdomen," the court said, adding "thereafter, she was gang raped by six persons and her body became devoid of any resistance due to these factors, the iron rods and hand were inserted into her (body)..."
"During the process of pulling out these rods and hands a major part of her intestine was pulled out from the body. This aspect shows the severity of injuries caused to the victim," the judge added.
On Dec 16, 2012 the 23-year-old trainee paramedic boarded the bus with her male friend from Munirka in south Delhi, and they were brutally tortured and the woman was gang raped by the six men, including a juvenile in a moving bus.
The court Tuesday found them guilty under 11 counts of murder, gang rape, unnatural offence, destruction of evidence, attempt to murder, kidnapping, causing hurt while committing robbery and dacoity among others.
The court dropped the dacoity charge against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him