Delhi gang-rape victim’s death a matter of shame: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Reacting to the death of 23-year-old gang-rape victim, Aam Aadmi party leader Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday said the victim’s demise “is a matter of shame and sorrow for all of us”.
“Aren`t we all responsible for her death? Can we all now do something so that half of humanity starts feeling safe amongst us,” Kejriwal tweeted today morning.
He also urged the people to not let the girl’s death go in vain. “Condolence meeting at Jantar Mantar at 11 am. Let`s all reach there,” Kejriwal further tweeted.
The erstwhile Team Anna member also said that he and his party members will protest at Jantar Mantar today.
“AAP members to sit on a silent protest by tying black cloth on their mouth at Jantar Mantar,” Kejriwal further tweeted.
The young woman who was flown to Singapore after her brutal gang-rape and torture in the Indian capital died early Saturday at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown