Delhi gang-rape victim’s death a matter of shame: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Reacting to the death of 23-year-old gang-rape victim, Aam Aadmi party leader Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday said the victim’s demise “is a matter of shame and sorrow for all of us”.
“Aren`t we all responsible for her death? Can we all now do something so that half of humanity starts feeling safe amongst us,” Kejriwal tweeted today morning.
He also urged the people to not let the girl’s death go in vain. “Condolence meeting at Jantar Mantar at 11 am. Let`s all reach there,” Kejriwal further tweeted.
The erstwhile Team Anna member also said that he and his party members will protest at Jantar Mantar today.
“AAP members to sit on a silent protest by tying black cloth on their mouth at Jantar Mantar,” Kejriwal further tweeted.
The young woman who was flown to Singapore after her brutal gang-rape and torture in the Indian capital died early Saturday at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next