Delhi gang-rape victim’s death a matter of shame: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Reacting to the death of 23-year-old gang-rape victim, Aam Aadmi party leader Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday said the victim’s demise “is a matter of shame and sorrow for all of us”.
“Aren`t we all responsible for her death? Can we all now do something so that half of humanity starts feeling safe amongst us,” Kejriwal tweeted today morning.
He also urged the people to not let the girl’s death go in vain. “Condolence meeting at Jantar Mantar at 11 am. Let`s all reach there,” Kejriwal further tweeted.
The erstwhile Team Anna member also said that he and his party members will protest at Jantar Mantar today.
“AAP members to sit on a silent protest by tying black cloth on their mouth at Jantar Mantar,” Kejriwal further tweeted.
The young woman who was flown to Singapore after her brutal gang-rape and torture in the Indian capital died early Saturday at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bihar: This boy risks his life to save four students from drowning!
- Panel discussion on insensitive behaviour of administration and govt towards common man
- PM Modi saved cameraman from being washed away in Gujarat
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”
- India's bid to join US alliance could irk China, Pakistan: Chinese media
- MUST WATCH: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit two monster sixes out of Florida stadium