Delhi gang-rape victim’s death a matter of shame: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Reacting to the death of 23-year-old gang-rape victim, Aam Aadmi party leader Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday said the victim’s demise “is a matter of shame and sorrow for all of us”.
“Aren`t we all responsible for her death? Can we all now do something so that half of humanity starts feeling safe amongst us,” Kejriwal tweeted today morning.
He also urged the people to not let the girl’s death go in vain. “Condolence meeting at Jantar Mantar at 11 am. Let`s all reach there,” Kejriwal further tweeted.
The erstwhile Team Anna member also said that he and his party members will protest at Jantar Mantar today.
“AAP members to sit on a silent protest by tying black cloth on their mouth at Jantar Mantar,” Kejriwal further tweeted.
The young woman who was flown to Singapore after her brutal gang-rape and torture in the Indian capital died early Saturday at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured