Delhi gang-rape victim’s death a matter of shame: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Reacting to the death of 23-year-old gang-rape victim, Aam Aadmi party leader Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday said the victim’s demise “is a matter of shame and sorrow for all of us”.
“Aren`t we all responsible for her death? Can we all now do something so that half of humanity starts feeling safe amongst us,” Kejriwal tweeted today morning.
He also urged the people to not let the girl’s death go in vain. “Condolence meeting at Jantar Mantar at 11 am. Let`s all reach there,” Kejriwal further tweeted.
The erstwhile Team Anna member also said that he and his party members will protest at Jantar Mantar today.
“AAP members to sit on a silent protest by tying black cloth on their mouth at Jantar Mantar,” Kejriwal further tweeted.
The young woman who was flown to Singapore after her brutal gang-rape and torture in the Indian capital died early Saturday at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands