Delhi gang-rape victim’s death: ‘India should feel ashamed’
New Delhi: "The entire country should hang its head in shame." This was BJP leader Arun Jaitley`s reaction on Saturday to the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim.
"This is an occasion to introspect why this woman became a victim of such a terrible crime," the Rajya Sabha member after the 23-year-old victim passed away in a Singapore hospital.
"We need to ask ourselves why such incidents happen in India. What kind of atmosphere have we created that allow such crimes to take place...
"The most important thing is to have an alert citizenry... Only alert citizens can force police to act, prevent such crimes from happening."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie