Delhi gang-rape victim’s death: ‘India should feel ashamed’
New Delhi: "The entire country should hang its head in shame." This was BJP leader Arun Jaitley`s reaction on Saturday to the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim.
"This is an occasion to introspect why this woman became a victim of such a terrible crime," the Rajya Sabha member after the 23-year-old victim passed away in a Singapore hospital.
"We need to ask ourselves why such incidents happen in India. What kind of atmosphere have we created that allow such crimes to take place...
"The most important thing is to have an alert citizenry... Only alert citizens can force police to act, prevent such crimes from happening."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her