Delhi gang-rape victim’s death: ‘India should feel ashamed’
New Delhi: "The entire country should hang its head in shame." This was BJP leader Arun Jaitley`s reaction on Saturday to the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim.
"This is an occasion to introspect why this woman became a victim of such a terrible crime," the Rajya Sabha member after the 23-year-old victim passed away in a Singapore hospital.
"We need to ask ourselves why such incidents happen in India. What kind of atmosphere have we created that allow such crimes to take place...
"The most important thing is to have an alert citizenry... Only alert citizens can force police to act, prevent such crimes from happening."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies