Delhi gang-rape victim’s death: ‘India should feel ashamed’
New Delhi: "The entire country should hang its head in shame." This was BJP leader Arun Jaitley`s reaction on Saturday to the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim.
"This is an occasion to introspect why this woman became a victim of such a terrible crime," the Rajya Sabha member after the 23-year-old victim passed away in a Singapore hospital.
"We need to ask ourselves why such incidents happen in India. What kind of atmosphere have we created that allow such crimes to take place...
"The most important thing is to have an alert citizenry... Only alert citizens can force police to act, prevent such crimes from happening."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part II
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part IV
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part III
- Not hosting Modi government event: Amitabh Bachchan
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border