Delhi gang-rape victim’s death: ‘India should feel ashamed’
New Delhi: "The entire country should hang its head in shame." This was BJP leader Arun Jaitley`s reaction on Saturday to the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim.
"This is an occasion to introspect why this woman became a victim of such a terrible crime," the Rajya Sabha member after the 23-year-old victim passed away in a Singapore hospital.
"We need to ask ourselves why such incidents happen in India. What kind of atmosphere have we created that allow such crimes to take place...
"The most important thing is to have an alert citizenry... Only alert citizens can force police to act, prevent such crimes from happening."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP