Delhi gang-rape victim’s death shameful moment: Sheila Dikshit
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday said the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim is a shameful moment for her.
While appealing for calm, Sheila Dikshit described the young woman`s death as a "truly, terribly sad news".
"Our heart goes to the family. My heart is burning over the incident. The passing away of the girl is a truly and terribly tragic incident. It shook our conscience," Dikshit said.
"It is a shameful incident for me as a Chief Minister and also as a citizen of Delhi. It is time for all of us to reflect on what has happened.”
"I appeal to you to be calm and peaceful," she said.
"So that in being calm and peaceful...we can reflect what we need to do in future," she added.
"She fought courageously and in the process shook the nation`s conscience. Our hearts are burdened with grief and shame. Not the moment for words or speeches but for deep reflection," Dikshit said.
"May her soul rest in peace and may God give the family and all of us strength to bear this terrible loss. I hope all of us learn the right lessons and ensure that such ghastly incidents do not recur ever again," she said.
(With Agency inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah