Delhi gang-rape victim’s death shameful moment: Sheila Dikshit
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday said the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim is a shameful moment for her.
While appealing for calm, Sheila Dikshit described the young woman`s death as a "truly, terribly sad news".
"Our heart goes to the family. My heart is burning over the incident. The passing away of the girl is a truly and terribly tragic incident. It shook our conscience," Dikshit said.
"It is a shameful incident for me as a Chief Minister and also as a citizen of Delhi. It is time for all of us to reflect on what has happened.”
"I appeal to you to be calm and peaceful," she said.
"So that in being calm and peaceful...we can reflect what we need to do in future," she added.
"She fought courageously and in the process shook the nation`s conscience. Our hearts are burdened with grief and shame. Not the moment for words or speeches but for deep reflection," Dikshit said.
"May her soul rest in peace and may God give the family and all of us strength to bear this terrible loss. I hope all of us learn the right lessons and ensure that such ghastly incidents do not recur ever again," she said.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj