Delhi gang-rape victim`s family wants death for all accused
Ballia: The family of Delhi gang-rape victim on Friday said it would not want anything less than death sentence for all the accused, including the minor, and urged the central government to amend the law in this connection.
The offer of a government job to one in the family by Delhi government was turned down by the victim`s brother.
"The family would never accept that the person who played a major role in the crime is let off with a mere punishment of three years only because he has the excuse that he is a minor," the grandfather of the 23-year-old victim told a news agency here.
The family would urge the central government to amend the law in this connection, he said.
The brother of the deceased, on phone from Delhi, said the offer of the Delhi government of government job to one in the family had been turned down and chief minister Sheila Dikshit has been informed of this.
The brother said as of now he is only an intermediate and so would not get a good job.
He said Dikshit had assured him of admission into an engineering course.
The brother said his family had full faith that the medical examination would prove him (minor accused) to be a major and pave way for the sternest of punishment.
The family wants that all the accused are given death sentence, he said.
The demand for amendment of the law comes in the backdrop of The Justice Verma Committee recommending life for gang-rape but no death penalty.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know