Delhi gang-rape victim’s family wants to meet Sonia
Ballia: The family of Delhi gang-rape victim has sought an appointment with UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi to apprise her of their woes and demands.
The father of the girl said that he has sought an appointment with Gandhi.
Her office has asked the family to wait for some time in keeping with her pressing commitments, he said.
The family is unhappy over the Juvenile Justice Board`s decision on the sixth accused, but have full faith that despite him being ruled as a minor, he would also get sternest of punishments, he said.
The father of the girl said he was seeking advice of legal experts on the decision of the Juvenile Justice Board but was yet to decide whether to go to court in this connection.
The family would try to ensure that the court takes this act as an exception and pronounce sternest of punishments to the accused.
Her father said he found himself helpless before the law.
The Juvenile Justice Board had said the sixth accused, described as the most brutal by the Delhi Police in its charge sheet, was a "minor" and this could enable him to walk free by June 4 this year when he attains the age of 18 years.
The brother of the deceased said just as the central and Delhi governments initiated steps on rape cases following mass protests and agitations, there should also be efforts for awarding capital punishment for minor offenders in rape cases.
He also took exception to media running news of his sister`s love affair.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living