Delhi gang-rape victim`s father seeks death penalty for rapists
Indore: The parents of the 23-year-old girl, who was gang-raped in Delhi in December 2012, have advocated for corporal punishment to offenders in rape cases.
"In cases of rape, the accused should be awarded death sentence and he should be hanged," the victim`s father told reporters here yesterday.
The parents of the paramedic, who was gang raped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus in Delhi on December 12, 2012 after which she succumbed to fatal injuries, had arrived here to take part in the Republic Day celebrations.
"Whatever happened with my daughter should never happen to anyone, not even to an enemy`s daughter," he said.
The girl`s mother termed as totally wrong the thinking in some quarters that modern dressing style was to be blamed for rising cases of rapes against women.
She argued that in India even innocent toddlers are being raped. "Can anybody tell me what is their fault?" she asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH