Delhi gang-rape victim`s father seeks death penalty for rapists
Indore: The parents of the 23-year-old girl, who was gang-raped in Delhi in December 2012, have advocated for corporal punishment to offenders in rape cases.
"In cases of rape, the accused should be awarded death sentence and he should be hanged," the victim`s father told reporters here yesterday.
The parents of the paramedic, who was gang raped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus in Delhi on December 12, 2012 after which she succumbed to fatal injuries, had arrived here to take part in the Republic Day celebrations.
"Whatever happened with my daughter should never happen to anyone, not even to an enemy`s daughter," he said.
The girl`s mother termed as totally wrong the thinking in some quarters that modern dressing style was to be blamed for rising cases of rapes against women.
She argued that in India even innocent toddlers are being raped. "Can anybody tell me what is their fault?" she asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department