Delhi gang-rape: Victim’s father wants death penalty for accused
New Delhi: As violent protests were witnessed across the national capital over the weekend, the 23-year-old gang-rape victim’s father appealed to people to maintain peace calm and pray for his daughter.
Expressing his anger towards the six accused who gang-raped and tortured his daughter, he said, “I want death penalty for all accused. If they remain alive they will continue to commit such a crime. If anything less punishment is given to them, I will not be satisfied.”
Speaking to a news channel Sunday night the grieved father said, “My daughter’s condition is stable and better now. Doctors have said she is responding to the treatment but will take time to fully recover.”
The distressed father appealed people to remain calm and not resort to violent ways while protesting. He also appealed to pray for his daughter’s health.
“My daughter has always fought against all odds since her childhood whether it was poverty or her studies and I hope she will continue to fight now also and overcome all difficulties.”
Doctors at the Safdarjung Hospital said today that the girl is stable but critical and is on ventilator electively. She underwent a "small operation" yesterday after medical examination suggested fluid collection in her abdomen.
Mass protests for the third straight day Sunday against the gang-rape of a young woman turned violent, leaving scores injured, including one policeman in critical condition, and turning the India Gate area into a virtual war zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir