Delhi gang-rape: Victim’s father wants death penalty for accused
New Delhi: As violent protests were witnessed across the national capital over the weekend, the 23-year-old gang-rape victim’s father appealed to people to maintain peace calm and pray for his daughter.
Expressing his anger towards the six accused who gang-raped and tortured his daughter, he said, “I want death penalty for all accused. If they remain alive they will continue to commit such a crime. If anything less punishment is given to them, I will not be satisfied.”
Speaking to a news channel Sunday night the grieved father said, “My daughter’s condition is stable and better now. Doctors have said she is responding to the treatment but will take time to fully recover.”
The distressed father appealed people to remain calm and not resort to violent ways while protesting. He also appealed to pray for his daughter’s health.
“My daughter has always fought against all odds since her childhood whether it was poverty or her studies and I hope she will continue to fight now also and overcome all difficulties.”
Doctors at the Safdarjung Hospital said today that the girl is stable but critical and is on ventilator electively. She underwent a "small operation" yesterday after medical examination suggested fluid collection in her abdomen.
Mass protests for the third straight day Sunday against the gang-rape of a young woman turned violent, leaving scores injured, including one policeman in critical condition, and turning the India Gate area into a virtual war zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27