Delhi gang-rape: Victim`s friend crossed by counsel for accused
New Delhi: The male friend and the sole eyewitness to the December 16 brutal assault and gangrape of the victim in a moving bus was on Monday cross-examined by the defence in the fast-track court trying the case here.
The youth, a software engineer, who had testified as a witness for the prosecution during in-camera proceedings against the five accused who have pleaded not guilty to the charges of rape and murder framed against them, was today cross-examined by the counsel for accused Pawan Gupta.
His cross-examination will continue tomorrow.
The victim`s friend arrived before Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna in a wheelchair because of the injuries inflicted on him in the heinous attack of December 16, 2012.
Apart from the victim`s friend, three others -- including a person who had seen the accused destroying the evidence after commission of the crime -- have already deposed in the court.
Meanwhile, the court will tomorrow record the evidence of the youth and four others including the magistrate, who was part of the judicial proceedings relating to the test identification parade (TIP) of the accused.
The 23-year-old girl had died on December 29, 2012 in a Singapore hospital as a result of the grievous injuries she had suffered when she was sexually assaulted by six people, one of whom has been declared as a juvenile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened