Delhi gang-rape: Victim`s friend crossed by counsel for accused
New Delhi: The male friend and the sole eyewitness to the December 16 brutal assault and gangrape of the victim in a moving bus was on Monday cross-examined by the defence in the fast-track court trying the case here.
The youth, a software engineer, who had testified as a witness for the prosecution during in-camera proceedings against the five accused who have pleaded not guilty to the charges of rape and murder framed against them, was today cross-examined by the counsel for accused Pawan Gupta.
His cross-examination will continue tomorrow.
The victim`s friend arrived before Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna in a wheelchair because of the injuries inflicted on him in the heinous attack of December 16, 2012.
Apart from the victim`s friend, three others -- including a person who had seen the accused destroying the evidence after commission of the crime -- have already deposed in the court.
Meanwhile, the court will tomorrow record the evidence of the youth and four others including the magistrate, who was part of the judicial proceedings relating to the test identification parade (TIP) of the accused.
The 23-year-old girl had died on December 29, 2012 in a Singapore hospital as a result of the grievous injuries she had suffered when she was sexually assaulted by six people, one of whom has been declared as a juvenile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next