Delhi gang-rape: Victim`s friend crossed by counsel for accused
New Delhi: The male friend and the sole eyewitness to the December 16 brutal assault and gangrape of the victim in a moving bus was on Monday cross-examined by the defence in the fast-track court trying the case here.
The youth, a software engineer, who had testified as a witness for the prosecution during in-camera proceedings against the five accused who have pleaded not guilty to the charges of rape and murder framed against them, was today cross-examined by the counsel for accused Pawan Gupta.
His cross-examination will continue tomorrow.
The victim`s friend arrived before Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna in a wheelchair because of the injuries inflicted on him in the heinous attack of December 16, 2012.
Apart from the victim`s friend, three others -- including a person who had seen the accused destroying the evidence after commission of the crime -- have already deposed in the court.
Meanwhile, the court will tomorrow record the evidence of the youth and four others including the magistrate, who was part of the judicial proceedings relating to the test identification parade (TIP) of the accused.
The 23-year-old girl had died on December 29, 2012 in a Singapore hospital as a result of the grievous injuries she had suffered when she was sexually assaulted by six people, one of whom has been declared as a juvenile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey