Delhi gang-rape victim`s friend refuses police protection
New Delhi: The key eyewitness in the Dec 16 gang-rape case - the victim`s friend - has refused to accept the security cover proposed by the Delhi Police.
"A sub-inspector level officer of the Delhi Police came Friday to offer security cover to my son. But my son sent him back saying he did not need it," father of the software engineer, who witnessed the gruesome gang-rape with his 23-year-old physiotherapist friend in Delhi, told IANS on telephone from Gorakhpur Monday.
My son is safe every where in the country... People are with us, so what is the need to get the security cover," he said.
Delhi Police offered the 28-year-old man and his family members police protection at their house in Uttar Pradesh`s Gorakhpur after directions were issued in this regard by Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar, police sources said.
Five of the accused, who brutally gang-raped the woman in a moving bus and later dumped her and the male friend on road, were arrested and sent to Tihar Jail in the capital. One more accused, who is a juvenile, has been put into an observation home in the Kingsway Camp area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India