Delhi gang-rape: Victim`s friend to be crossed by this weekend
New Delhi: The male friend and the sole eyewitness to the December 16 brutal assault and gang-rape of the 23-year-old girl in a moving bus will be cross examined by the defence in the fast-track court this weekend.
The youth has earlier testified as a prosecution witness before the court of Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna.
The 28-year-old youth, a software engineer, is likely to depose before the court against the five adult accused on February 15.
The judge, who is recording the witness statements in in-camera proceedings on a daily basis since February 5, has prepared a list of 39 prosecution witnesses, including the youth, for examining them by February 22.
The engineer will be cross examined by the counsel for accused bus driver Ram Singh, his brother Mukesh, Vinay Sharma, Pawan Gupta and Akshay Singh.
The girl had died on December 29, 2012 in a Singapore hospital as a result of the grievous injuries she had suffered when she was sexually assaulted by six people, one of them a juvenile.
Meanwhile, the court today recorded the statement of the two magistrates, who were part of the judicial proceedings relating to the test identification parade (TIP) of the accused and also for identifying the stolen articles of the victim and her male friend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...