Delhi gang-rape victim`s friend was not shown arrested accused: IO
New Delhi: Facing cross-examination for the third day, the lady IO who had initially probed the December 16 gang-rape case on Thursday refuted the allegation of accused in a Delhi court that the victim`s friend was brought to the police station to see them so that he can identify them later.
"It is wrong to suggest that the complainant (victim`s male friend) was throughout available in the police station or that we (the police) used to show the face of the accused as and when arrested so that he may not have any difficulty in identifying them later," the lady IO told Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna.
She said the victim`s friend, a 28-year-old youth, was not present at the police station when accused were arrested and brought there, neither their clothes were seized from their house and blood put on them as alleged.
"It is also wrong that the clothes of accused were brought to the police station by my staff member from accused house or that I put the blood of the complainant on those clothes and seized them or for this reason I had not joined any public witness or parents of the accused at the time of seizure of the clothes," the sub inspector, posted at south Delhi`s Vasant Vihar police station, said.
The IO was replying to the query by the counsel for accused Vinay Sharma and Akshay Thakur that the bus, in which the alleged crime was committed by the six accused, was parked at Tyagraj Stadium here so that false evidence could be placed in it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened