Delhi gang-rape victim`s friend was not shown arrested accused: IO
New Delhi: Facing cross-examination for the third day, the lady IO who had initially probed the December 16 gang-rape case on Thursday refuted the allegation of accused in a Delhi court that the victim`s friend was brought to the police station to see them so that he can identify them later.
"It is wrong to suggest that the complainant (victim`s male friend) was throughout available in the police station or that we (the police) used to show the face of the accused as and when arrested so that he may not have any difficulty in identifying them later," the lady IO told Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna.
She said the victim`s friend, a 28-year-old youth, was not present at the police station when accused were arrested and brought there, neither their clothes were seized from their house and blood put on them as alleged.
"It is also wrong that the clothes of accused were brought to the police station by my staff member from accused house or that I put the blood of the complainant on those clothes and seized them or for this reason I had not joined any public witness or parents of the accused at the time of seizure of the clothes," the sub inspector, posted at south Delhi`s Vasant Vihar police station, said.
The IO was replying to the query by the counsel for accused Vinay Sharma and Akshay Thakur that the bus, in which the alleged crime was committed by the six accused, was parked at Tyagraj Stadium here so that false evidence could be placed in it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'