Delhi gang-rape victim`s male friend meets her
New Delhi: The male friend of the 23-year old girl, who was gang-raped in a moving bus in New Delhi, met her for the first time in hospital during which she enquired from him about the accused.
The male friend, a software engineer, who was also badly assaulted by the accused when he tried to protect the victim from the attack, met the paramedical student at Safdurjung Hospital on Thursday night during which he told her that the accused have been arrested, the girl`s brother said.
"Yesterday at around 9 pm, the friend of my sister who was also there in the bus on that fateful Sunday came to visit her. This was the first time that both were meeting each other after the incident. He met her for five minutes," the brother told a news agency on Friday.
He said his sister during the entire course of the treatment had enquired about the condition of her male friend and that if he was ok or not.
"When the male friend saw my sister, the first thing he said was that all the culprits have been arrested. And these words brought a pleasant look on my sister`s face," the brother said.
According to the brother, the victim is still in a critical condition.
"The victim, who is currently having a tube inside her mouth, is communicating with the doctors and family member through gestures and writing on pieces of paper," he said.
Asked whether the victim has given any statement to the police, the brother said, "My mother told me that the police had asked her something and she has written something on a paper. Now whether it is a statement or not I don`t know."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand