Delhi gang-rape: Woman police officer to be cross-examined
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday fixed for tomorrow the crucial cross-examination of a woman police officer who identified all material evidence including the blood stained bed sheet with which the December 16 gang-rape victim and her friend were covered after they were thrown out of a moving bus.
The sub-inspector, posted at Vasant Vihar police station here, deposed for the third day before Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna and identified the bedsheet with which the victim and her friend were covered when they were first spotted by the PCR van at a road near a flyover in south Delhi.
"...White bed sheet having blood stains is taken out and shown to the witness (sub inspector), who identified it to be the same bed sheet which was taken into possessions by her...," the investigating officer (IO), who is the key prosecution witness in the case, told the court.
The court said the counsel appearing for the accused can cross-examine the officer from tomorrow onwards.
The IO had also identified the key of the bus and also the iron rods with which the girl was badly assaulted, when it was shown to her after desealing of the case properties in the court room.
Deposing as a last witness for the prosecution, the IO said that the clothes lying in the court room are of the five accused, including Ram Singh who was found hanging in his cell in Tihar jail on March 11 and against whom the trial has been been abated.
Prime accused Ram Singh was the first arrest in the case. Later, accused Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma and Mukesh were apprehended and they had led the investigators to the important evidence in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- How to overcome your jetlag?
- Sugar prices soar to Rs 42/kg; FM holds inter-ministerial meeting on banning futures trading
- TCL 562 Review: Well-performing smartphone that's worth its price
- Fraud suspect wanted by China pays $31m to end NZ probe
- A massive rift is threatening Antarctic Larsen C ice shelf to collapse