Delhi gang-rape: Woman police officer to be cross-examined
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday fixed for tomorrow the crucial cross-examination of a woman police officer who identified all material evidence including the blood stained bed sheet with which the December 16 gang-rape victim and her friend were covered after they were thrown out of a moving bus.
The sub-inspector, posted at Vasant Vihar police station here, deposed for the third day before Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna and identified the bedsheet with which the victim and her friend were covered when they were first spotted by the PCR van at a road near a flyover in south Delhi.
"...White bed sheet having blood stains is taken out and shown to the witness (sub inspector), who identified it to be the same bed sheet which was taken into possessions by her...," the investigating officer (IO), who is the key prosecution witness in the case, told the court.
The court said the counsel appearing for the accused can cross-examine the officer from tomorrow onwards.
The IO had also identified the key of the bus and also the iron rods with which the girl was badly assaulted, when it was shown to her after desealing of the case properties in the court room.
Deposing as a last witness for the prosecution, the IO said that the clothes lying in the court room are of the five accused, including Ram Singh who was found hanging in his cell in Tihar jail on March 11 and against whom the trial has been been abated.
Prime accused Ram Singh was the first arrest in the case. Later, accused Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma and Mukesh were apprehended and they had led the investigators to the important evidence in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand