Delhi gang-rape: Women’s safety a matter of concern, says Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Commenting on the December 16 gang-rape incident in the national capital, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said ‘providing safety to women is a matter of concern’.
Addressing the reporters here, Modi said that women’s security issue is a big concern and such matters should be above politics.
“I don’t want to indulge in a blame game. It is a serious issue and it is not right to indulge on allegations and counter allegations,” Modi said after attending the National Development Council (NDC) meet here in the national capital.
The para-medical student was gang-raped and brutally tortured by a group of six men in a moving bus on the night of December 16.
The girl has remained on ventilator support during most part of her treatment here since she was admitted to Safdarjung Hospital on December 16 after she was gang-raped in a moving bus that night in South Delhi that sparked a nation-wide outrage.
The victim is currently receiving treatment at Singapore`s Mount Elizabeth Hospital, where she is said to be in an "extremely critical condition".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested