Delhi gangrape: BJP for special session of Parliament
Shimla: BJP national vice president Shanta Kumar here called for convening special session of Parliament immediately to discuss the issue arising out of Delhi gangrape case.
Asserting that the issue of capital punishment for rape should be debated in the Parliament, the Rajya Sabha MP from Himachal Pradesh said that in some countries, persons guilty of rape are castrated.
"All these matters need to be discussed in the Parliament.
"The police should be geared up and wherever necessary the law should be amended and new courts should be established for expeditious trial in case to punish the guilty at the earliest," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city