Delhi gangrape: BJP for special session of Parliament
Shimla: BJP national vice president Shanta Kumar here called for convening special session of Parliament immediately to discuss the issue arising out of Delhi gangrape case.
Asserting that the issue of capital punishment for rape should be debated in the Parliament, the Rajya Sabha MP from Himachal Pradesh said that in some countries, persons guilty of rape are castrated.
"All these matters need to be discussed in the Parliament.
"The police should be geared up and wherever necessary the law should be amended and new courts should be established for expeditious trial in case to punish the guilty at the earliest," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing