Delhi gangrape: BJP for special session of Parliament
Shimla: BJP national vice president Shanta Kumar here called for convening special session of Parliament immediately to discuss the issue arising out of Delhi gangrape case.
Asserting that the issue of capital punishment for rape should be debated in the Parliament, the Rajya Sabha MP from Himachal Pradesh said that in some countries, persons guilty of rape are castrated.
"All these matters need to be discussed in the Parliament.
"The police should be geared up and wherever necessary the law should be amended and new courts should be established for expeditious trial in case to punish the guilty at the earliest," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire