Delhi gangrape case: Victim identifies 2 youth
New Delhi: The 30 year-old BPO employee, who was sexually assaulted by a gang of five men, on Friday identified two men arrested by Delhi Police during a Test Identification Parade. The victim, who was gangraped on November 24, identified Shamshad (25) and Usman (25), who were arrested on Thursday at the Tihar Jail, sources said.
Meanwhile, Delhi Police stepped up efforts to to catch two others who are absconding in the case.
Several teams are searching for Kamru alias `Mobile` and Iqbal alias `Bada Billi` (Big Cat) who have evaded arrest in the Dhaula Kuan rape case despite the arrest of two of their accomplices Shamshad and Usman.
Kamru is the leader of the gang, which is known as Mobile Gang. A senior police official said the searches were on in many places in the NCR and neighbouring states.
Police cracked the case early morning on Thursday after a raid by police in Haryana`s Mewat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA