Delhi gangrape case: Victim identifies 2 youth
New Delhi: The 30 year-old BPO employee, who was sexually assaulted by a gang of five men, on Friday identified two men arrested by Delhi Police during a Test Identification Parade. The victim, who was gangraped on November 24, identified Shamshad (25) and Usman (25), who were arrested on Thursday at the Tihar Jail, sources said.
Meanwhile, Delhi Police stepped up efforts to to catch two others who are absconding in the case.
Several teams are searching for Kamru alias `Mobile` and Iqbal alias `Bada Billi` (Big Cat) who have evaded arrest in the Dhaula Kuan rape case despite the arrest of two of their accomplices Shamshad and Usman.
Kamru is the leader of the gang, which is known as Mobile Gang. A senior police official said the searches were on in many places in the NCR and neighbouring states.
Police cracked the case early morning on Thursday after a raid by police in Haryana`s Mewat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened