Delhi gangrape case: Victim identifies 2 youth
New Delhi: The 30 year-old BPO employee, who was sexually assaulted by a gang of five men, on Friday identified two men arrested by Delhi Police during a Test Identification Parade. The victim, who was gangraped on November 24, identified Shamshad (25) and Usman (25), who were arrested on Thursday at the Tihar Jail, sources said.
Meanwhile, Delhi Police stepped up efforts to to catch two others who are absconding in the case.
Several teams are searching for Kamru alias `Mobile` and Iqbal alias `Bada Billi` (Big Cat) who have evaded arrest in the Dhaula Kuan rape case despite the arrest of two of their accomplices Shamshad and Usman.
Kamru is the leader of the gang, which is known as Mobile Gang. A senior police official said the searches were on in many places in the NCR and neighbouring states.
Police cracked the case early morning on Thursday after a raid by police in Haryana`s Mewat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards