Delhi gangrape case: Victim identifies 2 youth
New Delhi: The 30 year-old BPO employee, who was sexually assaulted by a gang of five men, on Friday identified two men arrested by Delhi Police during a Test Identification Parade. The victim, who was gangraped on November 24, identified Shamshad (25) and Usman (25), who were arrested on Thursday at the Tihar Jail, sources said.
Meanwhile, Delhi Police stepped up efforts to to catch two others who are absconding in the case.
Several teams are searching for Kamru alias `Mobile` and Iqbal alias `Bada Billi` (Big Cat) who have evaded arrest in the Dhaula Kuan rape case despite the arrest of two of their accomplices Shamshad and Usman.
Kamru is the leader of the gang, which is known as Mobile Gang. A senior police official said the searches were on in many places in the NCR and neighbouring states.
Police cracked the case early morning on Thursday after a raid by police in Haryana`s Mewat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town