Delhi: Gangster Neetu Dabodia, 2 others killed in encounter
New Delhi: A top gangster, who carried a cash reward of Rs one lakh and wanted in over 50 cases of murder, extortion and kidnapping, was Friday night killed along with two of his accomplices in an encounter with Delhi Police near a posh hotel here.
Acting on a tip-off, Delhi Police special cell laid a trap near Hotel Grand Hyatt in Vasant Kunj at around 10:30 pm when Surendra Malik, alias Neetu Dabodia, along with two of his associates came in a car there.
When police intercepted them and asked them to surrender, they allegedly rammed their car into the police vehicle and opened fire at them, S N Srivasatava, Special Commissioner, Special Cell, said.
In retaliation, police fired at them injuring all the three who were taken to AIIMS Trauma Care Centre where they were declared brought dead.
Malik was allegedly involved in the killing of Delhi police head constable Ram Kishan in December last year.
While one of Malik`s associate was identified as Alok Gupta, the identity of the third one is yet to be established, Srivasatava said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you