Delhi: Gangster Neetu Dabodia, 2 others killed in encounter
New Delhi: A top gangster, who carried a cash reward of Rs one lakh and wanted in over 50 cases of murder, extortion and kidnapping, was Friday night killed along with two of his accomplices in an encounter with Delhi Police near a posh hotel here.
Acting on a tip-off, Delhi Police special cell laid a trap near Hotel Grand Hyatt in Vasant Kunj at around 10:30 pm when Surendra Malik, alias Neetu Dabodia, along with two of his associates came in a car there.
When police intercepted them and asked them to surrender, they allegedly rammed their car into the police vehicle and opened fire at them, S N Srivasatava, Special Commissioner, Special Cell, said.
In retaliation, police fired at them injuring all the three who were taken to AIIMS Trauma Care Centre where they were declared brought dead.
Malik was allegedly involved in the killing of Delhi police head constable Ram Kishan in December last year.
While one of Malik`s associate was identified as Alok Gupta, the identity of the third one is yet to be established, Srivasatava said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?