Delhi gangster with bounty of Rs 1 lakh on him arrested
New Delhi: Hasim Baba, a gangster who is involved in four murder cases, has been arrested, police said Friday.
Baba, who is in his 40s, was on the run since 2007. He carried a bounty of Rs 1 lakh for his arrest.
He was arrested from Nainital (Uttarakhand) Thursday by a special team of the crime branch.
"Hasim started his career as a vendor. He later got involved in betting and finally became a gangster," Ashok Chand, additional commissioner of police (crime branch), told IANS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves